LEAP Car Club
The Car Club is not for profit community car hire scheme designed to save our members money on driving and to cut down on carbon emissions.
To find out more or to join contact Mike or drop in to speak to him at one of our offices-
Email: email@example.com Call: 01505 842530
Drop In: Tuesdays – 10-4pm, LEAP Office, Bridge of Weir; Fridays – 10am-12pm Kilbarchan Old Library Centre; Lochwinnoch 12.15pm-4pm LEAP Office
What our members say
- ‘I’ve now got access to a reliable car just when I need it.’ Colin Frame
- ‘I joined today and have already been out for my first drive — incredibly quick and easy processing of my application,’ Katie Lowe
- ‘The car is so handy. It only takes a minute to book, then you’re away.’ Kevin Cameron
- ‘The Car Club is fantastic. Joining the Car Club meant I didn’t need to replace my car – I now just use the Car Club when I need to travel.’ Willy McGoldrick
- ‘Before I joined the Car Club I had serious problems getting out of the village to visit friends and family, go to the supermarket, swimming pool etc because of my working hours and poor public transport… In short, the Club has given me a new lease of life and I think it gives great value for money. ‘ Susan Lamont
LEAP Car Club gives you all the convenience of a car without the hassle and expense of owning one. A community, not for profit club, we have cars parked centrally in Kilbarchan, Lochwinnoch and Bridge of Weir that can be hired for as little – or as long as you want, with access to the cars 24 hours a day. Cars can be booked online at a moments notice or booked up to 6 months in advance.
You become a member by paying an annual memebrship fee or montly subscription, and then only pay an hourly hire rate and payment per mile. You don’t have to worry about insurance, tax, MOT, servicing, cleaning – never mind the cost of buying a car in the first place.
- Need a car for an hour to pick up family from the airport … LEAP Car Club
- Need a car for your weekly shop… LEAP Car Club
- Partner commutes in your car, but you need access to a ‘just in case’ car… LEAP Car Club
We sort out…
- Fuel costs
- Servicing and MOT
- Cleaning (all members are expected to return the car clean and tidy after use to help keep costs down)
- Breakdown Cover
- Road Tax and Insurance
- Water, Oil and Screenwash
Where are the cars?
We now offer two different kind of membership options: a one-off annual payment of £60 or monthly membership subscription.
The monthly membership subscription works by paying £15 upfront and then £5 per month, by standing order, thereafter. This can be cancelled at anytime.
Ford Fusion – £3.36 per hour + 21p per mile
Ford C-Max – £3.60 per hour + 24p per mile
Nissan Leaf (electric car) – £4.56 per hour + 6p per mile
Yaris Hybrid Icon – £4.26 + 16p per mile
For longer hires a more competitive ‘per day’ rate can be offered.
Fuel is paid using the LEAP Car Club fuel card at no cost to you. You hand the card to the petrol station and we pay the bills. For the electric car, you just swipe the card provided, and we sort out the rest.
We also take a deposit per household in case of accident. This can be either £100 in cash or security by credit card. In the event of an accident the driver is liable for £250 excess. No accident, no charge.
No hidden costs. Once you are a member you pay only the hourly and mileage charges – nothing else!
With the cost of breakdown cover as much as £60 per year, never mind insurance, servicing, MOT, road tax and of course petrol , the Car Club makes sound economic sense for drivers who would only do a few thousand miles a year.
If you would like further information about whether the Car Club could meet your needs, or to join the LEAP Car Club, please contact our Car Club Coordinator, Mike on 01505 842530/612034 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. He will be happy to discuss the Club with you, and make the arrangements for you to join.