The aims of this website
This community website aims to provide accurate and up to date information about Lochwinnoch. This website came about due to the changing pressures on this rural community. Although only 20 miles west of Glasgow the village is classified as rural and struggles with the problems of poor transport infrastructure and declining local services. With the loss of traditional industries the community is adjusting to the growing number of home office businesses and new housing developments. The website aims to help integrate the influx of new residents into the community, to increase communication and to promote new and existing local services and businesses.
The audience of this website
This website is aimed at:
- Residents of Lochwinnoch.
- People visiting, or thinking of visiting, Lochwinnoch.
- Businesses thinking of trading with Lochwinnoch businesses.
- Historians looking for introductory historical material concerning Lochwinnoch.
The principles of this website
There are several guiding principles by which this website is run:
- The fundamental principle of this website is accuracy.
- A basic page for legitimate businesses owned and run by residents of Lochwinnoch is provided free.
- Residents of Lochwinnoch can check the website content and suggest edits, amendments, additions and deletions, especially for material which has become inaccurate or dated.
- This website has no political or religious bias.
- This website is not cluttered with advertising.
- We (the website maintainers) are doing this for fun, and because we like Lochwinnoch.